Broken blood vessels under the eyelid are what cause dark circles under the eye. The look of a formation of the bag appears under the eye and a shadow that forms under this bag gives an appearance of dark circles. Getting rid of dark circles is of utmost importance as they can make you appear tired or fatigued all the time even if you are not while also make you appear older than you actually are. Such an appearance can hinder you professional and personal life and thus getting rid of dark circles is important.
CAUSES OF DARK CIRCLES
The main reason for the formation of dark circles is due to the blood vessels under the eyelid losing stability and strength. Conditions like fluid imbalance or local swelling that lead to puffy or swollen eyelids can cause shadows that make the area under the eyes appear darker. However, there can be many other factors that contribute to the formation of dark circles. Fatigue, vitamin deficiency, hyperpigmentation, allergies, medical conditions or even something as natural as aging can lead to dark circles. One of the most common factors or cause of dark circles can also be heredity.
HOW TO REMOVE DARK CIRCLES?
One of the most common reasons for the appearance of dark circles can be an unhealthy lifestyle. Hence, living a healthy lifestyle that includes a balanced diet, timely rest and exercise can result in an improved physical and mental state. Thus, reducing the occurrence and appearance of dark circles.
But, keeping up with such a lifestyle regularly can be taxing. However, there are a few simple home remedies that can help get rid of dark circles. Moreover, if your problem of dark circles is heredity or genetic, treating it on a regular basis is of utmost importance as leaving it untreated can escalate the problem. Here are a few home remedies that you can follow:
DARK CIRCLE TREATMENTS AT HOME:
- Prior to bedtime, apply almond oil under eyes and massage it gently into the skin
- Keep it on overnight
- Wash it off with cold water in the morning
- Follow the procedure daily for best results
The skin-lightening and mild astringent properties of cucumber make it a great ingredient in the treatment of dark circles. Moreover, its refreshing properties help in giving the eyes a soothing and relaxing experience.
- Chill thickly cut slices of fresh cucumber in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Place the slices on under eye dark circles for about 10 minutes
- Remove slices and wash the area with water
- Do this the procedure 2 times daily for about a week or more
- Extract juice by grating 1-2 raw potatoes.
- Place the cotton balls over your eyes, soaked in the juice.
- Make sure it covers the under eye dark circles.
- Keep so for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash your eyelids with preferably cool water.
- Do this 2-3 times daily for a few weeks.
When it comes to rejuvenating the ski and having a soothing effect on eyes, very few ingredients are as good as Rose water. Moreover, its mild astringent properties make it a highly valuable home remedy skin toner.
- Place cotton balls soaked in rose water over your closed eyes.
- Keep it for about15 minutes.
- Do this two times daily for a few weeks.
Like many other ingredients on this list, tomatoes too have great bleaching properties that can help lighten skin and aid in the process of treating dark circles.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice
- Gently apply this mixture on the dark circles
- Keep it on for 10 minutes
- Wash it off with luke warm water
- Follow this procedure two times daily for few weeks
- Only using tomato juice can also be effective
Hopefully, after reading the entire article above about tips on how to remove dark circles, you have learned useful tips for your own case. From now, take action to apply some or all of these tips to your daily life. I bet that you will soon get better results.
Share your thoughts with us by dropping words below the post. We will feedback soon.